Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Player Platform, Game Agnostic Platform Services (GAPS) team, you'll help us build a suite of services that provides functionality that is commonly used in any Riot game. By concentrating expertise in game platforms, we are able to offer robust, scalable features to all current and future Riot games. Game teams integrating with these offerings are freed up to focus on content and features to delight our players.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Game Agnostic Platform Services team.
• Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
• Create and operate the services that enable features for all of Riot's games
• Partner with product owners and technical leads to build and operate features end-to-end
• Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
• Invest in team's complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
• Provide mentorship and technical leadership to more junior members of the team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
• Mastery of Java, or Golang
• Experience developing large-scale systems from scratch
• Experience with one of the following: micro-services architecture, client/service application architecture, API architecture and development
• Familiarity with ''Infrastructure as Code'' and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
• Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
• Experience with CI/CD such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terrafor
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb867o-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.