Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Platform Release Engineering team, you will support the secure and reliable delivery of internal products and services to Riot's game teams. These products and services provide critical cross-game capabilities that level up the player experience. The team's work includes supporting the build and release capabilities of these critical cross-game products, as well as developing and supporting a common service release process for the 50+ services of the Player Platform. We work very closely with internal game teams (League, VALORANT, and Wild Rift to name a few) as well as other teams in Player Platform to build the right customization for their products. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Platform Release Engineering team.
As a member of Player Platform, you are providing incredible developer experiences and capabilities for Riot's game teams working across console, mobile, and PC development environments.
• Develop and support a service release process that ensures all Player Platform service teams can quickly and safely deploy new features to game teams
• Support existing build and release processes, and improve them to handle additional deployment channels and platforms
• Implement and operate essential services used by Riot developers, and help deliver value to Riot players world-wide
• Work with us to level-up our technical designs, systems architecture, infrastructure, quality, and operational capabilities
• Mentor a growing team of passionate engineers
• 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role
• 3+ years of experience delivering and operating software using cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure)
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience
• Experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Golang, Java, Python, or C#
• Experience building software services aimed at developers: Python & Groovy (Jenkins scripted pipelines)
• Experience managing and improving CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins, Git, Perforce
• Experience with Virtualization and Cloud technologies: VMWare for Windows & MacOS and AWS among others
• Experience with releasing high-scale services and optimizations: Microservices, Service Mesh
• Experience with containers and container orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87eox-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.