Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Riot Platform Commerce, you will create the technical solutions that offer a secure and reliable payments experience for our games. You will lead the technical direction of our global payments products to help us serve wider and more diverse audiences. You will set a new standard of excellence in designing and completing projects. You will provide technical mentorship and serve as an example to the software engineers on the team. You will report to the team Software Engineering Manager.
• Work with our partners and other tech leads to prioritize building the right thing for our players
• Work with the software engineers on the team to breakdown technical work
• Ensure the team is observing engineering excellence
• Build backend distributed services for new payment products and features
• Improve automation in our deployment processes
• Enhance maintenance and orchestration of our cloud infrastructure
• Be on rotational on-call for our live products and lead operational assessment
• Mentor software engineers through code and technical design reviews
• 6+ years experience in professional software development
• Solid experience with RESTful services, distributed systems, and Object-oriented programming
• Experience with cloud computing and cloud technologies
• Knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 1+ years experience as team Technical Lead
• Experience with 3rd party payments service providers
• Experience working in the games industry
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo3qk-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.