Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work across multiple domains. They work with new and existing technology, building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and create player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the League of Legends Service Content Configuration Platform (SCCP) team, you will help shape the vision for a platform that will deliver content configurations to systems across League of Legends. You will also be expected to partner with central technology teams to integrate with the game-agnostic services suite, plan for long-term ownership, and multi-game integration. SCCP will shape how our teams across Riot perform content configuration for events, live operations, and temporary content.
You will report to the team's Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles.
• Architect a platform for use by engineers and content creators across the LoL ecosystem
• Partner with a central tech team to ensure reusability and adoption across games
• Partner with other team leads to synthesize big ideas into predictable incrementally-delivered value
• Work with fellow engineers on design and implementation
• 7+ years as a software engineer building and operating software at scale
• Experience designing and implementing distributed systems with many service integrations
• Proven experience defining a technical vision, and socializing it across an organization
• Proven ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
• Proficiency in at least one C-family language (Java, C#, C++, etc)
• Proficient in Java services
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm32px-35-175-107-185-42 in your application.