Software Engineer, League Of Legends: Gameplay Sr
Los Angeles, CA
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Content Efficiency Team, you will develop against the core suite of tools used in the content development of League of Legends. The weight of the position requires collaboration with technology owners across all other game projects (gameplay mechanics, skin development) to make sure we have a thoughtful set of tools that content creators can use. For this role, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will also partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those partners. Our tools are written in C++ that make heavy use of the QT ecosystem for UI/UX and we also use Python for several utility needs.
• Collaboration with diverse teams to ensure features accomplish expectations from multiple dimensions (code quality, extensibility, modularity, scalability, security, operational concerns, and industry standards/trends)
• Work and align with different partners that span across multiple teams to ensure we're delivering awesome features to excite them
• Set the tone for, contributing to, and defining technical discussions/designs that your team oversees
• Maintain a sense of code ownership that includes [develop/test/deploy/maintain]ing frameworks, platforms, and tools
• Mentorship. You help Rioters develop the tools and creative atmosphere to shine, but hold them accountable for making smart calls and delivering player value
• Participate in the team's support rotation
• 6+ years of deep hands-on experiences with compiled programming languages (C/C++, Java, Go, or C#)
• Experience with C/C++ that spans several use-cases and platforms.
• Have been responsible for driving the design and leading of development of large efforts (6-month scope), including requirements gathering, planning, testing, and release or deployment
• Record of delivering organizational/customer value that has span multiple years
• Championed software development best practices within your organization that includes design/code reviews, coding standards, source control management, testing, delivery performance, scalability, and maintainability
• You have a history of mentoring others in both soft and hard skills
• 2+ years of experience in the video game industry that includes working within multiple game development pipelines (animation, VFX, environment) and a portfolio of delivered games.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.