Engineers at Riot master their craft by building, launching, and operating games that delight players all over the world. As an engineer on League Data Central, you will build systems that use data to help balance games, improve the player experience through personalization, detect behaviors for punishments and rewards, and more. You will collaborate with engineers, analysts, producers, and game designers across all aspects of the game. Our work ranges from building traditional data pipelines and warehouses, to running large-scale distributed systems, to designing and operating novel machine learning and artificial intelligence capabilities.
League Studio supports game development on League of Legends, Wild Rift, and Teamfight Tactics. The League Data Central initiative falls under the Tech Foundations business unit within League Studio, providing data and algorithms support for all League Studio games. As Staff Software Engineer on League Data Central, you will build player facing game features powered by machine learning models and the backend services that collect and process data at global scale. You'll work with our initiative tech lead to influence the technical direction for how data services are built, scale and are operated. You will report to the initiative Engineering Manager.
• Lead development of in-game features and back-end services that are powered by analytics or machine learning
• Collaborate with data scientists and engineers across the organization to solve complex technical problems across a variety of domains (game client/engine, services, web)
• Identify and prioritize opportunities for tech to improve the product and maintain sustainable development
• Participate in team on-call rotation for live support
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship to engineers and scientists on the team
• Participate in interviewing and act as an essential member for hiring decisions
• 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
• Experience building and supporting large-scale distributed systems in production
• Experience as a mentor and technical leader for a team
• Collaborative mindset and experience working with others disciplines
• Experience shipping and supporting machine learning algorithms in production services
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zvn6-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.