Staff Software Engineer - Backend (Golang)
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot's second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to ''scale Riot's games to hyper-serve players.''
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We're also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We're focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a staff software engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer (Golang) in backend services, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager for our local initiatives working on a variety of projects. You will be responsible for working with our designers to define game features, architect the systems to support millions of players around the world, and implement it with a team of engineers. You will integrate the systems with Riot's platform & infrastructure services, to ensure that players are satisfied with the quality of our services. You will also mentor our engineers and help to build a world class engineering team.
• Design, develop and implement features, with your efforts spanning in-game systems and out-of-game features.
• Create and/or contribute to best practices, development processes and coding standards
• Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team, becoming our local Microservices SME
• Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
• Mentor and coach junior members to build talent over the long term
• Manage strong relationships between disciplines
• Collaborate effectively with engineers from global teams
• 6+ years of experience building large scale backend systems or game services
• Experience developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
• Experience implementing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
• • Expertise with Golang
• Experience with cloud computing and cloud technologies
• Experience working on a content-heavy (e.g. frequent updates, multiple game modes) live game
• Experience working on multiplayer games (.e.g. MMO, RPG, Card games etc) with server-side game logic
• Experience with Unreal engine
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
• Full relocation support
• Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxye2j-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.