Senior Managers Technical Program Management are leaders of delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to achieve player value through work systems and practices. While driving internal agreement for teams and development organizations, we focus on continuous improvement. Senior Manager Technical Program Management offers leadership and mentoring to help others to level-up their craft Riot-wide.
As the Senior Manager Technical Program Management for Live operations, you will report directly to the Director of Live Operations and will improve on programs that not only span our multiple Technical and Production teams (LOE, Production Engineering, NOC) but also help all game and product teams at Riot. You will be an important member of the leadership team to help ensure our efforts, projects, and planning are aligned with the strategic vision and needs of our customers around Riot. You will also be directly accountable for our Dublin based Live Operations team members
• Align autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of customers.
• Investigate and qualify metrics/analytics to make informed decisions and determine initiative success.
• Create transparency and predictability with programs by building yearly and quarterly roadmaps for department programs
• Report on program performance, ensuring each program achieves milestones against its objective.
• Operationally accomplish the group's strategy through coordinated efforts across the department's global teams
• Develop and track organizational indicators for health and project/product delivery and operations
• Identify risks, impediments to hitting department goals, while developing plans for mitigation and resolution
• Organize our planning, communication, and team members rituals on monthly, quarterly, and annual cadences
• Maintain partner relationships, providing visibility into work streams and maintaining partner satisfaction.
• Provide leadership/mentorship for the development management members across our technology central teams
• Be a strategic member of the leadership team to help us be as effective as possible
• 7+ years of technical project management/delivery leadership experience
• Previous program leadership role in a large distributed organization.
• Expertise in software development, infrastructure, and live operations management
• Managed hardware/software products through the entire life cycle – from development and launch to maintaining and operating a live service.
• Understanding of Change Management frameworks.
• Understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
• Experience managing multiple partners.
• Fundamental knowledge of publishing, marketing, P&L/finance.
• Certified in Scaled Agile or working knowledge of Scaled Agile frameworks.
• Desire to improve Riot's ability to make the impossible happen for players.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience shipping and supporting AAA, online games, or equivalent consumer technology products at scale.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.