Technical Product Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you'll pioneer innovative ideas around product strategy. You'll also serve as an advisor to other managers, supporting plans to improve organizational design and structure.
As a Sr. Manager, Software Engineering you will guide teams in Riot's Player Platform group as they create a solution that enables creators to securely and reliably publish their games and services to all players across the world. You will keep the engineers experience in mind as you lead software architecture, solutions, and implementation details, ensuring customers can easily configure, deploy, and distribute their games and services. You'll work in parallel to other software initiatives, and disciplines, within Player Platform to delivery world class services to a global player base.
You will report to the Director, Software Engineering for Player Platform.
• Manage teams of 6-10 software and systems engineers ranging from associate-level to staff-level.
• Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads.
• Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
• Design the team makeup so that it has the skills needed for our goals.
• Ensure what we are building are serving our customers long-term goals.
• 5+ years as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering working on teams that ship business-facing software.
• 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
• Expertise with continuous development and deployments of large-scale systems.
• Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
• Experience leading software products that use Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
• Experience shipping a platform that combines desktop, mobile, console, and services components.
• Experience with globally deployed platforms.
• Experience defining and delivering technical solutions to technical users.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.