The Sr. Manager, Production is responsible for ensuring the members of the cross-disciplined teams can effectively move products and features through the development cycle and out to players. This includes developing and executing the operational strategy of your area of the product, driving the ''how'' of the work that happens on its various teams. You're obsessed with understanding how the needs of the audience, the direction of the business, the health of the team and the critical elements of its products are translated into action. In preproduction you will be responsible for co-leading a team of multiple teams (Initiative) which is rapidly scaling, leading multiple pods, collaboratively building delivery plans, organizing product roadmaps and leading the day to day operations of the team. As we scale you will be managing and leading multiple producers within your Initiative and moving from a tactical to a more strategic focus. You will report into the team's Operations Director and help scale the team and its processes.
As a Sr Manager, Production on the Research & Development team you will help organize and deliver one of Riot's new game projects through to production. You will work closely across all disciplines to ensure the project team is highly adaptable, efficient, and effective. You will be responsible for a range of activities from being a delivery lead, product lead, to helping design the work system for a team of teams or product. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit and a growth mindset because the product will be going through rapid growth and you will need to be adaptive and very engaged to meet the changing needs of the product.
• Accountable for developing and executing the operational strategy of the Initiative you lead
• Help develop the work systems in the Initiative in collaboration with the production team and your co-leads, including how teams are structured, whether and how they report status back to the game team, and coordinate work across teams within that group
• Ensuring all teams in your Initiative make and meet commitments
• Develop accountability rituals and continuous improvement processes wherein teams review their commitments/delivery and hold each other accountable for them, celebrate successes, and learn from failures
• Ensure stakeholders and customers are always up-to-date on what's going on in terms of what commitments have been made and how the delivery is going
• Understand the capabilities of the game team and how those match to Initiative strategies in order to plan for current work and future needs
• Proactively identify issues standing in the way of success (people, product, process), provide strategies for tackling them, own their resolution and evaluate results
• Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams on your Initiative
• Iterate on the production processes to continuously improve our velocity, collaboration, and visibility
• 7+ years of experience in a dynamic professional environment such as games, tech, entertainment/media, law, finance, consulting, medicine, advanced degree programs, etc.
• 4+ years of game development experience, in a leadership position working directly on the production of the game (not only supporting services or features)
• 2+ years of experience managing teams at the Initiative level
• Experience with various development methodologies and their applications (e.g. Agile software development, Six Sigma, Lean Agile etc.)
• Deep knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the game industry
• Experience leading and functioning in ambiguous, collaborative environments with team members of several levels and disciplines
• Experience maintaining excellent relationships with stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability in product management and using prioritization schemes
• A passion & empathy for solving people's problems and building happy, motivated teams.
• Broad knowledge across diverse areas of game-making
• Speciality in one or more of the following areas: content development, art, mobile or tech production
• Experience managing a co-development or outsourcing relationships
• JIRA expertise
• SAFe, LeSS or other agile scale frameworks, forecasting, Kanban and Lean Agile
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roex01-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.