Senior Strategist - Global eSports
Los Angeles, CA
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. At the core is the Global Esports team, the group responsible for operating the major League of Legends competitive international tournaments, defining global policies for the sport, driving global narratives, and providing services to our 15 different regional leagues. Our vision is to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That's where you come in.
The Sr. Manager of Strategy, Wild Rift Esports works as part of a cross-functional team to develop and implement strategies to develop our esports ecosystem. Reporting into the Head of Wild Rift Esports, you will be responsible for our strategy and insights. You will be a source of innovation to guide esports forward at Riot - embracing partnership, fostering growth in the ecosystem, and creating new approaches to face the challenges of the future. You will be an essential representative of our sport to the industry, partners, and fans.
• You will work with cross-functional individuals in Esports to develop an overarching strategy for our products, set clear goals for the business, and keep track of results.
• You will collaborate closely with the competitive operations, broadcast, events, insights, and publishing teams to ensure that our decision-makers are armed with information about our sport and will make the best decisions possible.
• You will help establish the monetization strategy for esports, working closely with the game development and monetization teams.
• You will help create the business model for our sport - balancing media, sponsorship, franchising, and direct-to-consumer revenue.
• You will use data and players' insights to find opportunities, track results, and drive decision-making around product and fans' experience.
• You will be a subject matter expert and trusted advisor, helping teams prioritize, negotiate and remove obstacles to ensure high-quality product launches.
• You have 8+ years of experience in sports consulting or strategy consulting.
• You have experience defining goals and building data instrumentation to track results.
• You have experience working with partners, both internal and external.
• You are a fan of sports or esports.
• You have proven expertise in the esports business.
• You have experience leading successful contractual negotiations.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.