Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Engineering Manager, you'll be tasked with shaping the direction and design of the Esports Technology Group. You'll predominantly offer creative solutions to organizational design by building effective, cross-functional teams of engineers. You'll serve as a mentor for a team of engineers, overseeing performance management and seeking growth opportunities.
The Esports Technology Group's mission is to ensure efficient production of Esports content, globally. As a Senior Engineering Manager you'll support a team focused on building the infrastructure, tooling and applications that power Riot's Esports endeavors around the globe. You will encourage innovation, set and provide value to our internal customers.
You will participate in designing scalable and sustainable tooling for the local and global needs of Riot's Esports regions across multiple titles. You identify technical gaps and needs within technical teams and work with the feature teams in Riot to increase efficiency and improve processes. You will also lead your team with your experience of distributed computing systems and will develop high-quality, globally-scalable live services and products. You will design, hire and grow the team as Riot matures in operating multiple esports always creating an inclusive work environment. You will measure and be responsible for the growth and health of the team with support of Sr. Leadership.
• Ensure the team is building products that meet our high engineering standards
• Manage a cross-functional team of 8-10 software engineers, systems engineers, network engineers along with development & technical product manager.
• Management duties include coaching, holding all accountable to best practices and their individual growth plans
• Foster a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
• Partner with discipline, development and product leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness
• Oversee the technical health of the product and taking an active part in its design & implementation
• Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
• Mentor engineers in best practices for the current product phase
• Champion your sourcing and hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
• 8+ years professional experience as either an infrastructure or software engineer
• 5+ years working in an engineering leadership position managing teams
• Experience with software or infrastructure development, including shipping one or more products or projects that span a range of platforms and tools
• Experience managing SREs and/or working closely with live operations or live services teams.
• Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions
• Proficient with implementing Scrum/Agile development methodologies and ensuring adoption within the organization
• Experience designing, building or maintaining global infrastructure, networks, systems at scale
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support Riot Esports events.
• Experience with automation tools (ex: ansible, terraform, chef, puppet)
• Experience working in public cloud and on-prem hybrid environments
• Experience building and supporting CI/CD pipelines
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvv71-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.