We are looking for a natural leader who will shape and implement the strategic vision for improving availability, quality, governance, security, and transparency of data across the organization. As the leader of Data Operations vertical you and your team are responsible for building centralized data products that can integrate with our platform.
You'll take ownership of the multi-year planning and vision, driving projects across the finish line with a keen eye for potential opportunity and risk.
• Inspire and lead your team to deliver solutions that help optimize our business leaders and developers
• Help set business strategy, vision and roadmap for your organization, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team's work, and drive bold high-impact decisions.
• Ensure the data products are well tested and are well supported operationally
• Collaborate with other data/business groups across the BUs to improve and standardize consumption of data and analytics
• Collaborate with the Security and Legal teams to create policies and controls for the appropriate protection of information assets.
• Instill an inclusive team culture that is both passionate and collaborative.
• Lead strong partnerships with all business units along with all engineering teams.
• Serve as an evangelist for your team internally and externally.
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing data architectures, data governance, and data quality programs.
• Experience with Master Data Management tools and techniques
• M.S. in Computer Science field with 4+ years of industry experience, or equivalent experience (i.e., Ph.D. with 2+ years relevant experience, or B.S. with 6+ years relevant experience)
• Experience as a Senior Software Engineer/Senior Data Engineer or higher
• Strong understanding and experience building reliable, scalable, and maintainable software systems.
• Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools.
• Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
• Ability to manage complex relationships in a matrix environment and strong stakeholder management skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roez84-3-231-230-177-42 in your application.