As a Senior Art Manager at Riot, you will manage a team of Art Leads and be focused on People Management, Craft Health, Systems, and Art Operations. You are also responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and offboarding of direct reports and ensuring that the team is meeting product needs, partnering with Production for a healthy art development pace.
As a Senior Art Manager for the Game-Play Initiative Team, you will report to the Art Director, mainly focused on the Initiative Strategy and Creative Management. If the Art Director is the 'Why' & the 'What', then the Art Manager is leading the 'How' and building the 'Who'. You will lean on your years of experience to help manage one of the most well-oiled, 'destination' creative teams in the industry, building some of the most robust, scalable systems, collaborative partnerships, and player-focused content. The Art Manager's focus and responsibilities lie primarily in the operations and process of the art team. You will support the Craft and Art Leads on Game-Play, both in leadership-craft and career as we create assets that will both surprise and delight players. You will work closely with Product Leads, Delivery Leads, Stakeholders, Investors, and Art directors to stay aligned on vision and priorities. Work closely with the Craft Art Leads on Game-Play and other League of Legends initiatives to build a 'future forward' workflow and consistent quality and style.
• Manage career growth, comp, and motivation of all direct reports.
• Responsible for a healthy art team, considering pace, size, growth; Staffing, Hiring, Performance Management of and through Craft & Art Leads & Art Managers.
• Hire talent and ensure a good onboarding experience.
• Managing contracts for external artists
• Leading efforts in Art Documentation & organization of systems; Drive the development of style guides, clarity frameworks, and process/pipeline guidelines
• Lead Game-Play's Creative efforts in Cross-Team Initiative development (i.e. Internal Transfers, Product Debt. Prevention).
• Collaborating with Wild Rift, publishing and partnering with the Associate Art Directors and team
• Manage and communicate progress with the wider team
• Actively support, mentor, and manage the Game-Play Craft and Art leads, and their direct reports, by communicating department initiatives, sharing best practices, elevating leadership at Riot, and contributing as a community member.
• 10+ years experience in the video games industry
• 4+ years of management experience
• Worked on shipped titles and sustained titles
• Understanding of task prioritization techniques/processes
• Understanding of Forecast Model and tracking software
• Proficiency in video game development tools, pipelines, and workflows
• Familiar with manager work systems (Performance Calibration methods and software)
• Experience working with external vendors, giving thorough direction, and delivering timely, clear feedback
• Experience in creating high quality, stylized art (such as 2D concepts, 3D character, animation, or VFX)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw926k-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.