The Sr Director, Brand Management, Games will be responsible for the holistic brand narrative and overall go to market strategy for several titles within Riot's games portfolio, capturing the imagination of our global audience, and bringing the next generation of players to the game. This person will directly lead and develop brand marketing leaders across the titles, in addition to a team of strategic marketing partners like creative, community and channel strategy. Through leadership of these unified disciplines, this Marketing leader is responsible for the breadth of experiences that millions of people have with our games. Working side by side with Riot's studio (product development), esports, entertainment and ) global marketing partners, s/he will be the hub of the wheel to set the direction of the overall brand marketing strategy for several titles within a growing and evolving set of player facing objectives. Marketing leadership at Riot Games uses insights and experience with brand strategy and management to establish and inspire others with a clear vision for products/experiences, while guiding teams towards a unified vision and objective. This person will be responsible for mentoring and providing growth opportunities to the team, and collaboratively bringing together leadership across departments and disciplines. This leader will report to the VP of Brand Management and Marketing.
• Develop differentiated product marketing strategy (including vision, goals, roadmap, and prioritization) for several games and multiple platforms.
• Provide marketing insight and guidance to Product teams, advocating for the results of publishing activity and contributing positively to team culture.
• Ensure that all marketing programs are aligned with goals, target audience, and core brand strategy for the game and aligned to the vision of the portfolio.
• Guide successful execution of campaign and initiative development within the team - ensuring outstanding creative experiences that improve standards for marketing across the industry.
• Set top-level OKRs for game marketing efforts, work with partner teams to develop measurement plans, guide marketing research, and enhance the team's collective knowledge of our future audience and landscape.
• Be the liaison between the product teams and Riot's regional publishing organization - promoting successful outcomes through close collaboration and partnership.
• Be a partner in product strategy; advise on market potential, optimal pricing, distribution channels, and launch sequencing for all products within the title set.
• Build relationships and create understanding between senior leaders of partner marketing teams and Global Marketing leadership to contribute to agreement on product priorities, discipline standards, and career growth
• 10+ years of experience leading successful brand teams in the video game, technology, or entertainment industry, throughout all stages of the production lifecycle of a product or experience.
• 7+ years of experience working across departments and working with executive management.
• Intimate knowledge of marketing disciplines and build cohesive campaign strategy and planning.
• Experience building teams and marketing leaders.
• Global mindset and awareness of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities.
• Culturally present and invested in other industries, cultures, and communities.
• Experience in consumer internet, software, video games, or entertainment industries.
• Must be excited about getting into deep engagements with our players and being able to both set expectations with them and respond in empathetic ways to the changing demands of those that spend hours of their time with their friends in our universe.
• Experience working directly with creative, community, and channel focused leaders
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejx81-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.