Sr. Design Director (UX, UI, and Systems Design) - Player Platform
As a Senior Director of Design, you'll lead a department full of passionate designers, seeking to evolve and grow the Riot Games player experience. You'll partner with discipline leads across product development to define and advocate for the engagement, retention, commerce and social feature needs of our players. You will grow the design team, pulling from an eager community of user experience, visual, and game system designers to select the the highest potential designers to deliver to the quality of standard you help define.
As a Senior Director of Design in our Player Platform group, you'll support the initiative design leadership by managing and growing a team of designers working to deliver a cohesive brand and player experience across multiple channels. In this role you'll use your broad knowledge of user experience, art, craft, tech, and digital experiences to support and manage the design team. You'll inform best practices in planning, workflows, and production pipelines so user experience and visual designers can work efficiently. You will report to the Senior Director of the Riot Player Platform.
• Leading the Design Discipline of Riot Player Platform
• Riot-wide scope, determining the player experience for around-game and cross-game products on PCs, mobile, game consoles, and web developed by Riot
• Develop the user experience, visual, and system designers on the team through craft mentorship, active career coaching, and learning experiences, effectively managing their performance.
• Developing a design vision for the future of Riot's interconnected games ecosystem, both long and short term.
• Clearly present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling.
• Seek high quality designers and staff them against the needs of the products that comprise the platform.
• Identify and present opportunities for the growth and evolution of Riot's publishing platform and player ecosystem.
• Develop an understanding of and empathy for our players which you'll use to make player-focused decisions
• Collaborate with other discipline leads, build relationships across diverse teams.
• Represent and advocate for the design discipline both internally to other teams and externally to players.
• Build positive relationships across other teams at Riot working in game development and game marketing spaces
• 15+ years of industry experience
• 10+ years of Management experience
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a product management and/or design role in game development or digital product user experience design.
• Experience as a leader in a design organization (i.e. Lead Designer, Design Director, Game Director, Head of Design, Creative Director, etc.)
• Experience in managing a team of designers.
• Experience working in at least one of video games, e-commerce, social media, or entertainment.
• 15+ years of experience within design in the digital products, mobile app, or tech industry
• Strong understanding of the video game player and entertainment fan, and its global base.
• Knowledge of digital product design pipeline including systems design and cross-platform responsive design.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22692-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.