As an Sound Designer, your logistical, creative, and technical skills will combine to create sound for a broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a diverse team, you'll work on projects from their creation. Using your passion and creativity, you will help guide team decisions and provide thoughtful feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you'll aim to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge yourself.
As a Sound Designer III on LoR you will help improve the creative audio direction for the game. You will help develop the audio vision, strategy and products for major features and areas of development. Also as one of the leading members of the Audio discipline, you will work with music, video and other central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features. Your work will help establish and push the quality bar of the product, and your peers will learn and improve from your innovation in process.
• Manage outsourced audio content and implementation teams
• Create work proposals for one or more plans including headcount, time estimates, and delivery / quality targets
• Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, menus, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools
• Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
• Create sound design, voice-over processing and audio integration that enhances the vision and goals of the product
• Develop the audio strategy for a major piece of content, new feature or area of development.
• Work with initiative/product leadership to establish specific sound design, voice over and music goals
• Establish and manage audio goals, goals, timeline for their content team or product
• Bachelor's degree in Audio/Music Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5 years of professional experience designing important audio systems, including planning, audio middleware implementation, and results validation
• Professional experience with sound design of creatures, ambience, spells, UI, notifications and other audio features
• Professional experience with testing implemented sounds within engine
• Knowledge of sound design creation tools (DAWs, plugins, synths)
• Knowledge of audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD, Miles)
• Experience building audio architecture
• Wide experience in game engines
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yjo8-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.