As the Solutions Architect for Global Content Operations, you will support the design, implementation and operation of Riot Esports central media platform. You will participate in creating and managing the technical roadmap that enables the program's goals and will provide thought leadership in the design and implementation of media orchestration and enrichment workflows, including applying AI/ML and logging tools to enhance our media assets. You will partner with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to design highly scalable, flexible and resilient hybrid architectures, serving a diverse set of requirements across our content centric teams.
Your expertise working with APIs will be a core component of GCO's development as you lead projects to integrate applications and products with our central media platform and create an intuitive, highly reproducible integration model that will be crucial to our growth and expansion strategy. You will leverage your solid foundation using and defining workflows for large volume digital media archival systems, thorough understanding of video compression technologies and understanding of on-demand video streaming environments to generate creative solutions for implementation of innovative media processes.
Your passion for new technologies and creative approach to deploying systems, combined with your knowledge of a broad array of current, and upcoming, technologies will be crucial in our efforts to establish a world class media asset operation for Riot Esports.
• Contribute in the design of the central media platform's technical roadmap, focusing on implementation of practices that will ensure sustainable expansion of a high-growth, high-volume, media environment
• Become a S.M.E. for the core orchestration system's API and capabilities; Compose an integration guide that will facilitate partner onboarding to the central media platform
• Lead projects to integrate 3 rd party applications, AI/ML solutions, hardware and software with the central media platform's core structure and taxonomy
• Build foundational relationships with technology leaders throughout our stakeholder base; Act as a technical liaison between stakeholders and engineering teams establishing deep understanding of Riot Esports standards and methods for technology deployment
• Create and maintain deliverables such as management reports, infrastructure deployment guidelines, API definition contracts and internal standards documentation.
• Facilitate architecture design sessions resulting in the production of detailed technical proposals and targeted solutioning
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge of media workflow, broadcast technology and storage architecture
• Maintain expert knowledge on current and future video broadcast, digitizing and compression technologies, standards and workflows.
• Support production and development of DRM systems that regulate viewer and user access to video content.
• 8+ years of experience designing workflow orchestration, archive, storage and streaming solutions within large organizations in the media & entertainment space
• Experience with cloud solutions, virtual platforms, software development experience, and operational management practices and frameworks
• Extensive experience in creating written vendor requirements and other deliverables.
• Previous experience working with broadcast, M.A.M and D.A.M systems and implementing AI/ML solutions into media workflows
• Proven track record of creating integrations between media application APIs and designing cross-environment content exchange workflows
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Experience presenting to both large and small audiences and communicating across internal and external organizations, including crafting compelling content geared towards executive leadership
• Working knowledge of SSO, AD, Okta, DB Management, Elasticsearch, Cloud Architecture, application development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, storage, DevOps and container technologies
• Strong Knowledge of SOAP, REST, JMS and PUB/SUB Pattern Solid knowledge of Java SE, Java EE, XML, XML Schema, XSD, XSLT/XPath and JSON technologies
• Strong knowledge of Encoding Standards (H.264, AAC, GOP structure, I-P-B-frame schemes, bit-rates, aspect ratios, renditions, chroma-subsampling, etc.).
• Must be self-motivated and detail oriented with excellent organizational, time management and communication/interpersonal skills
• Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least another language would be a plus.
• Experience working with Iconik, Vantage, Elemental, FFmpeg and related tooling
• Priori experience developing, documenting, deploying and maintaining REST APIs
• Live/VOD video streaming experience and in-depth knowledge of current and future video technologies.
• Experience working in customer facing roles and crafting solutions according to their requirements
• Up to date with all current and forthcoming streaming media technologies, i.e. MPEG 4 AVC, HEVC, HLS, MPEG-DASH MPEG 2, UDP, RTMP, H.265.
• Ability to work with Product and Project managers to associate business requirements to technical requirements and develop project plans and timelines
• Understanding of Closed Caption Workflows for both VOD and Live, (SCC, .VTT, Line 21, 608/708 etc)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34ebx-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.