Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll drive engine features and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer focused on accelerating VALORANT's engine capabilities, you will leverage your understanding of game engine development and the software development lifecycle. You will work with the VALORANT team, and other experts across Riot, to help VALORANT's technical underpinnings keep pace with Unreal Engine's roadmap. The ideal candidate is passionate, driven, and wants to make a valuable contribution to VALORANT's success. You will report to the Engineering Lead of the Game Technology Group, and be guided on a daily basis by your Tech Lead.
• Collaborate with your team and Tech Lead on engine features that will help VALORANT's technical underpinnings keep pace with Unreal Engine's roadmap and the playerbase's needs
• Embed with other VALORANT development teams to ensure a consistent player experience as new engine features are deployed
• Contribute to architecture requirement and technical design discussions surrounding relevant engine features
• Follow and contribute to the technical direction and standards for the team
• 2+ years of game development experience
• BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• Strong knowledge of common game and software design patterns
• Experience operating in a source-controlled environment
• Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
• Experience with Unreal
• Experience with rendering technology
• Worked on at least one shipped game title
• Experience working with both small and mid-sized engineering teams
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bxje-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.