Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer (Services) - Player Platform, Content Experiences
From Dublin, we provide engineering expertise not only for the whole of Europe, but also for all of Riot's worldwide player base. We partner with product managers, publishing teams, and player support specialists. Most importantly, we focus on products and features that bring maximum awesomeness to our players.
As a Software Engineer (Services) within the Player Platform, Content Experiences team in Dublin, you'll report into an Engineering Manager and you'll write the code that powers commercial products and services deployed across the globe. You'll work across multiple technologies and problem domains, architecting and building high traffic, high availability solutions, and integrating with Riot's existing platforms and APIs.
As a Software Engineer (Services) for Content Experiences, you could:
• Design and deliver services that enable third parties like Twitch to integrate with Riot's fulfillment systems and reward players with in-game content and access to new games.
• Develop services to support personalized experiences to our players and monitor their effectiveness.
• Create experiences within our game clients including League of Legends and VALORANT and League of Legends: Wild Rift.
• Establish and refine DevOps tooling, infrastructure, and monitoring.
• Help Riot grow it's commercial product capabilities outside of our games
Over time, you'll create and develop documentation for ongoing support, as well as participate in an on-call rotation to support high availability for our products.
• Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• 2+ years of experience working on distributed systems and microservices
• Experience in one or more back end tech stacks, preferably based on Java or Kotlin
• Familiarity with cloud infrastructure providers like AWS or GCP
• Familiarity with CI/CD and automated deployments
• Experience writing, tuning, and debugging distributed systems written in Java or Kotlin
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
• Experience with distributed event streaming platforms like Kafka
• Familiarity with reliability engineering practices and ''Infrastructure as Code''
• Experience with databases such as MySQL, Redis, and MongoDB
• Experience working in an agile environment
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb753e-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.