Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will work to help optimize the experience of VALORANT to ensure a smooth experience for players. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
• Build and maintain the technology that powers one of our new AAA games
• Use telemetry and profilers to identify trends in game performance.
• Build technology that improves the performance of the game
• Work collaboratively with Engineering, Artist and Design teams to help realize the overall vision of the game
• Support the continuous delivery mechanisms for delivering the build to internal and external players
• 3+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
• Experience with Object Oriented programming
• Experience working on performance for large-scale applications or games
• Experience with C++ and game development
• Experience working on a AAA game team
• Experience supporting a live service-driven game
• Experience working with common game engines such as Unreal
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnx8m1-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.