Software Engineer (Full Stack) - League of Legends
As a Software Engineer (Full Stack) within the Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) initiative, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will take product ideas around discoverability and acquisition of content and bring them to life. The mission for the Player Immersion & Expression (PIE) initiative on League of Legends is to ''create immersive offerings of expression, commemoration, and delight to amplify player experiences in League''. One strategy, among others, that we use to work towards this mission is through creating feature-rich content. But it doesn't stop there. We help players to discover and acquire this content at the first source of inspiration! This is where your expertise comes in.
As a Software Engineer (Full Stack) for League of Legends you'll contribute to the following areas:
• Develop and test player content experiences in the League of Legends client
• Contribute to architecture requirements and design
• Design and enhance League microservices
• Write unit and integration tests
• Code reviews
• Enhance build and deployment tooling
• Improve product visibility through telemetry and analytics
In time, you'll provide mentorship to other engineers, create and develop documentation for ongoing support, and participate in an on-call rotation to support high availability for our products.
Insight into applying to Riot Engineering is available on our discipline page.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience as a full stack software engineer, in web-based development
• Experience developing modular UI as part of larger, more complex applications
• Experience designing, launching, and supporting production microservices in a statically typed programming language, such as Java or Go
• You will visit our Los Angeles HQ approximately two to four times a year for around four to five weeks in total annually (during times when international travel is permitted)
• Expert knowledge of EmberJS or other web frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS)
• Experience building applications using the Chromium Embedded Framework
• Great sense for UI/UX and experience working cross-discipline with art and visual design
• Expertise in test automation, operational best practices, implementing automated builds, software packaging, automated deployments, logging, monitoring, and automated alerting
• Experience with Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, ESLint, Babel, and CSS preprocessors
• Experience developing software with C++ and Java
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oxzm-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.