Senior Software Engineer - League Of Legends, Merchant Guild
Los Angeles, CA
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome complex problems. We collaborate with other disciplines and teams to deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer (Gameplay) on League of Legends' Summoners Rift team, you will bring deep gameplay technical knowledge and technical curiosity to keep the core player experience of League of Legends engaging. Also you will help develop technologies encompassing the entire league technology stack, touching metagame systems and beyond. You will report into the Team Engineering Manager who will support you by providing connection, alignment, and mentoring to achieve player, Riot, and personal growth goals.
• Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers) to shape player experiences
• Give feedback to designers and artists on the technical tradeoffs of their designs and ideas
• Works with guidance from team technical leadership on design and implementation
• Design and build gameplay features in the League of Legends game engine using C++, content tools and game scripting
• Design and build game content tooling to support cross-disciplinary teams (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers)
• Design and build supporting game client code and supporting backend services code that drive the core player experience
• Deliver exciting and delightful game experiences on a bi-weekly cadence
• Build projects implementing gameplay system changes and features
• 2+ yrs collective professional experience using C++
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field or equivalent experience
• Experience working with non-engineering collaborators to deliver value
• Experience with game development
• Experience with Lean or Agile development processes (i.e. - Scrum, Kanban)
• Familiarity with unit and integration testing of software
• Familiarity with building game content tools and pipelines
• Familiarity with Lua, Go, Java
• Experience mentoring fellow developers
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re88z8-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.