Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering .
As a Software Engineer on League Client Team, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles. You will make the League Client more performant, improve development workflow efficiency, and reduce application complexity. You'll build and monitor health metrics to be used to increase client stability and reliability.
The League of Legends client uses the Chromium Embedded Framework to render major components of the League experience like Champion Select, Player Profile and Collections, Queue Selection, and Lobbies. You can read more about the architecture here.
• Write and review code to make improvements to the League Client front-end
• Work with product owners, designers, and other engineers to create the best possible experiences for players
• Build outstanding system designs, to serve millions of players reliably
• Participate in our team's on-call rotation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Experience developing software with C++
• Experience building test automation
• Experience developing large-scale, modular desktop applications
• Experience building applications using the Chromium Embedded Framework
• Expert knowledge of EmberJS or other web frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS)
• Great sense for UI/UX and experience working cross-discipline with art and visual design
• Experience with Mocha, Webpack, Node.js, ESLint, Babel, CSS preprocessors
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4w921-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.