Brand Manager - Global Marketing
Los Angeles, CA
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As Director, Social Media - Riot Entertainment, reporting to the Senior Director of Riot Entertainment Marketing, you will work with the Marketing and Creative leads to develop social plans, support efforts, roll-out projects, and develop/upkeep our social channels. You'll uphold best practices, working within Riot's social/content ecosystem and tools to manage thoughtful content across multiple teams. You will participate in a community of practice around social media, ensuring we're all pushing in the same direction and working from the same playbook when we talk to players and fans across numerous social channels and platforms.
• Recruit and lead a high-powered Social Media team to provide end-to-end execution of entertainment-focused marketing campaigns and community engagement on the unique channels that Riot Entertainment will run for our film, tv, music, and consumer products teams and brands
• Develop social media creative content and channel strategy for all products within Riot's entertainment portfolio and communicate strategy throughout our team and with Riot's global marketing team
• Work across brand, creative, paid media, and PR teams to champion social-first ideas and build global integrated activations, events, and strategies
• Build a connection with the existing fandom and potential new fans in an organic manner and with paid/programmatic resources
• Partner with social platforms to identify new opportunities and develop creative activations
• Drive goals established by Riot leadership, and operate within cost constraints established by leadership
• Develop goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement
• Work with Riot's product teams and worldwide regions to ensure entertainment level messaging consistency is being upheld
• Keep an eye on latest industry trends across gaming, entertainment, music, and technology, and develop a vision for the future of their convergence
• Hire and manage any necessary third-party agencies
• Advocate for team culture, transparency, and positivity
• 10+ years in social or digital media at a studio, streaming network, or agency within the entertainment industry
• Expert in the craft of social media campaigns, channel management, and current tactics/capabilities required to market entertainment products across a variety of media and platforms worldwide
• Experience using research, internal data, and market analysis to develop strategic social media plans to support our business goals
• Proficient in all relevant social media tools and software (such as Spredfast and Sprinklr)
• Combination of experience in social/influencer marketing and channel strategy
• In-depth knowledge and curiosity of the digital media landscape
• Experience overseeing and optimizing social budgets across multiple platforms
• Experience working with different team members and leading through influence across different teams and departments
• Experience moving teams towards a unified vision and objective
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.