The Network Operations Center (NOC) manages the 24x7 monitoring and response components of Riot's player-facing services. We are the first line of defense when things go wrong with any of our live services and many of our internal services as well. We leverage technical familiarity with best-practice processes to rapidly remediate incidents. The team is staffed with Administrators, and Specialists that provide reliable triage services across many levels of technical and process operations. The team helps to create and mentor other Riot teams on best practice in alerting, monitoring, and operational processes.
As a Service Reliability Sr, Administrator, you will work closely with the Live Operations team and Riot globally to establish and maintain a high-performing and highly available game service for players. You will monitor and support all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general system needs. Your technical skills and grasp of system integration will help you diagnose and communicate potential issues to Rioters and the community, improving the quality of the player experience. You will be looked to as the expert in NOC craft and incident management principles and relied upon to look for more proactive solutions to incidents.
• Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability.
• Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy.
• Works with external teams to execute the mission of the team.
• First responder, triage agent, or escalation point from the NOC to external teams.
• Work with internal and external teams to create and update documentation
• Multitask and rapidly address issues affecting our players and services.
• Gather and report data on the health and operation of Riot services
• Work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
• Proactive triage and investigation of live incidents
• Speak with authority on incident management processes
• Perform technical troubleshooting (SSH, IP address, Command Line Interfaces).
• 3-4 years of NOC Technician or equivalent role (Analyst, System Administrator, Live Operations, Network Administrator, etc)
• Familiarity with the core concepts of operating systems, networking, and software life cycles
• Enthusiasm around operations and technology
• Highly driven and self-motivated
• Excellent logical troubleshooting skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
• Experience with the following:
• Monitoring solutions eg: NewRelic, Nagios, Elastic Search, Grafana
• Event management tools eg: BigPanda, Moogsoft
• ITIL-based Ticketing systems eg: ServiceNow, JIRA
• Scripting proficiency is highly desired
• Experience working on deployments in a live environment is a plus
• Multiple language proficiency is a plus, especially Mandarin
• Certified in Linux+ and Network+, or equivalents
• Engineering degree or equivalent
• Software engineering experience
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1bk6-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.