Riot Visual Designers craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As the Senior Visual Designer on the Research & Development (R&D) team, you will be responsible for all aspects of Visual Design of an early stage R&D game. We need your help in producing assets of the highest quality for our players to immerse themselves in our world. You'll report to the Art Director and collaborate with other artists to establish the style of the game's user interface. You'll also work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and producers, and together will give new, delightful experiences to our players.
• Shape UI/UX for the game, defining a direction that meets the creative goals and artistic direction of the project
• Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show an excellent grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform and player behavior patterns
• Guide the planning of UI work, working with artists and designers to build on the creative vision
• Collaborate with art and game design to mock-up UX wireframes that meet the goals for player interaction and visual design
• Create assets through each stage of development, taking ideas from concept to in-game implementation
• Use deep knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration to create seamless player experience
• Extend themes throughout the project, establishing style guides and conventions
• Establish the quality bar for your discipline
• 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
• Expert knowledge of Adobe CC products including Photoshop and Illustrator
• Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine
• Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
• Experience with Figma
• Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).