Senior Concept Artist - Gameplay
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Visual Designers want to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systems design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, and color theory. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Senior Visual Designer in our Player Platform group, you will design interfaces and scalable UI systems across global player-facing Riot products and platforms. You'll make our products come to life through your deep understanding of interactivity. You'll also collaborate and provide input to more senior Visual Designers to assist with general art direction across our platform channels.
In this role you will work closely with UX Designers, Product Owners, and Engineers across multiple product teams to design and build outstanding out-of-game player experiences -- especially across console experiences (e.g., Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Switch). You will report to the Senior UX Design Manager for Player Platform.
• Craft visually intriguing and intuitive interfaces that show an understanding of readability, hierarchy, interactivity and player behavior patterns
• Create and apply scalable design solutions for a variety of digital products across multiple platforms and devices to enhance the player experience around the games
• Build efficient style guides and design systems and communicate conventions for future product iterations and new content
• Champion best practices and guidelines for products you design across the organization
• Collaborate with product partners and vision holders to prioritize changes and influence delivery goals
• Work with UX designers and engineers to visualize and implement various interface solutions
• Create motion design concepts and high fidelity prototypes of interfaces
• 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer or UI Designer in digital products or web
• Demonstrated knowledge of Figma or Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of digital product design pipeline including systems design and cross-platform responsive design
• Experience designing interfaces that meet both aesthetic and functional goals
• 3+ years of digital product design experience (PC, mobile, or console)
• Experience in a secondary craft area such as UI motion graphics, front-end coding, illustration, or branding is a plus
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.