Riot Visual Designers create the best player experiences through their knowledge of systems design, interactivity, layout, typography, and color theory. Visual Designers collaborate with other disciplines and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Senior Visual Designer for Teamfight Tactics, you will develop and execute visuals and UI for game modes, client features, limited time content, and products. You will work with other artists to improve the visual design of the game's user interface. You will report to the Visual Design craft lead while working with other ui artists, engineers, designers, and producers to create delightful and immersive player experiences.
• Have ownership of the UI work and produce deliverables/assets through each stage of development, driving work from end-to-end (from the early brainstorming phase to implementation in the game engine, polish, release to post-launch).
• Work with external vendors during production, ensuring style and quality bars are met
• Collaborate with Motion Graphics to bring UI elements to life
• Develop solutions for TFT's UI with an understanding of systems design, style usage, and layout
• Plan out work and set expectations for development
• Maintain source files and manage Libraries for future development
• Maintain the quality bar for your discipline and be the UI/VD advocate in the team.
• Seek mentorship from other discipline artists and community while guiding junior artists.
• 5+ years of industry experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist.
• Hands-on experience contributing to a major feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
• Strong portfolio demonstrating visual design creativity and understanding of UIUX design in games and/or related fields.
• Experience with Adobe CC visual design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Solid knowledge and experience in typography, layout, color, and iconography design.
• Experience working with Figma and/or other UI/UX design apps.
• Experience designing player flows for cross-platform experiences (PC and Mobile)
• Knowledge of the game development pipeline, including optimization, localization, and implementation.
• Knowledge of League of Legends / Teamfight Tactics IP and style
• Knowledge of best practices for optimized implementation
• Experience in secondary areas such as motion graphics and illustration
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83w09-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.