As part of the Real-Time VFX team, you'll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay. With your experience, you'll create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate essential game information. You'll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into undead spells, channel primal emotions and capture the essence of hundreds of champions.
As a Senior VFX Artist on the Champions team, you will report to the VFX Art Lead. You will create VFX for new Champions and Champion Updates at high-quality and at times raise or redefine the bar for effects in League of Legends. You will be supporting team leadership in operational efforts such as mentoring those in your craft and leading projects for their craft disciplines growth. A Senior VFX Artists on Champions team is a force multiplier in the creation, sharing, and upholding of Champion Bible and VFX Clarity style guides.
• Design and help implement the sleek, dynamic, and dramatic special effects that add atmosphere and depth to gameplay
• Balance visual satisfaction and gameplay clarity while working to ensure amazing effects are representing a given action or state
• Create aesthetically astounding visual effects that communicate game information and capture the essence of hundreds of characters
• Use your craft skills to draw, paint, animate and model with equal proficiency as-needed
• Use your your encyclopedic knowledge of visual effects to combine brand new assets from classic designs
• Find creative and effective solutions to eliminate difficult problems in production and as-needed
• 5+ years' experience in video games industry
• Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software - Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop
• Experience creating high-quality, stylized real-time VFX
• High proficiency in VFX development, including fundamentals like timing, shape language, color theory and mesh engineering
• Knowledge of the MOBA genre, League of Legends, as it pertains to game design, isometric content and visual clarity
• Experience working and communicating with several designers
• Development experience creating materials and PBR assets within modern game engines (Unreal, Unity)
• Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and skins universes
• Tools experience: have worked in several tools, pipelines, and game engines.
• Experience giving direction and delivering clear, constructive feedback to vendors
As a part of the application process, you will provide a portfolio or demo reel of your work and may be asked to complete an art test.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $123,000 USD - $171,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzz2oq-3-236-207-90-42 in your application.