Senior VFX Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
As a Real-Time VFX artist, you'll design and help implement the sleek, dynamic and impactful special effects that add excitement and depth to the gameplay. With your experience, you'll create aesthetically pleasing visual effects that communicate essential game information. You'll use your artistic and technical skills to breathe life into spells, channel emotions, and capture the essence of the Runeterra universe.
As a Senior VFX Artist on the Research & Development (R&D) team, you will be responsible for all aspects of VFX pre-production development, including highly iterative VFX for gameplay exploration with a focus on style development. You will focus on developing new styles for VFX from scratch as well as work closely with Art Direction and Design Leads to help refine the overall feel for the game. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager of VFX in R&D.
• Quickly prototype VFX solutions that convey ideas simply and clearly
• Work with design and art leads to create and maintain gameplay clarity
• Provide as-needed support of all aspects of VFX process from set-up to production and troubleshooting
• Work with the VFX Lead to conceptualize and implement a VFX style that fits the project's art direction
• Work alongside animators, tech artists, and sound designers to create satisfying VFX
• Provide modular solutions that allow non-VFX artists to quickly prototype ideas with placeholder VFX
• Find creative and effective solutions to eliminate difficult problems in production and other areas as needed
• Create VFX style guides and frameworks around shape language, contrast, and clarity, to help your team understand those constraints
• 5+ years of professional experience in working in VFX art roles
• Advanced skills in 3D/2D Software such as Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop
• Professional experience creating high-quality, stylized real-time VFX
• Professional experience shipping game content as a Senior VFX Artist
• High proficiency in VFX development, including fundamentals like timing, shape language, color theory, and mesh engineering
• Experience working in Unreal, or equivalent game engine VFX tools
• Experience working in Adobe Animate and AfterEffects
• Portfolio demonstrating strong background in traditional art skills
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality VFX art - including stylized artwork. With samples of where you have created VFX concept art and taken it through to finished implementation. And as a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete an art test.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gppymx-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.