Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll partner closely with other game makers on features and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on UI within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of game UI technology to inject life into an exciting new game. You will work in a team alongside a product lead, designers, artists, and other engineers to answer fundamental product questions and build experiences that will fulfill our players' imaginative dreams. You will report to the Engineering Manager for the Project.
• Implement, debug, and refine HUD and FrontEnd UI for a brand new Riot title
• Partner with UX designers and UI artists to create satisfying user experiences
• Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
• Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation of meta game systems where UI is a core component
• Work closely with backend and build teams to create space efficient UI packages
• 4+ years of professional programming experience
• 2+ years of experience with UI development
• 1 shipped game title
• Thorough understanding of common UI software design patterns (MVC, MVVM, MVP)
• Strong knowledge of data driven design principles
• BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• Strong OO C/C++/C# programming experience
• Excellent debugging skills
• Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
• Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
• Have an agile mindset
• Mobile development experience
• Online SaaS (software as a service) game development experience
• Experience using Unreal Engine, especially UMG and Slate
• Experience using scene rendering analysis tools such as RenderDoc
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life i s encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).