Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll drive tooling features and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Research & Development, you will build the tools that power the content creation workflows necessary to inject life into a new and exciting Riot title. You will work on a team alongside a product lead, designers, artists, and other engineers to answer fundamental product questions and build experiences that will fulfill our players' imaginative dreams. The ideal candidate is passionate, driven, and wants to guide the technical vision of this area of the game. You will report to the Engineering Director of the project.
• Design and build various asset importing/creation tools to support cross discipline efforts
• Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify required tools, gather and shape specifications, and provide the best solution for development
• Contribute to architecture requirement and technical design discussions surrounding metagame systems
• Help shape the technical direction and standards for the team
• As development advances into full production, iterate on robust, scalable, and performant solutions for the whole development team.
• Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
• 4+ years of game development experience
• 3+ years of tools development experience in a C-style game engine (Unreal Engine, Unity, etc)
• BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• Strong knowledge of common software design patterns, including modular and event-driven architecture
• Extensive contribution to at least one shipped game title
• Experience operating in a source-controlled environment
• Experience with Unity
• Experience with Jenkins and builds systems
• Experience working with both small and mid-sized engineering teams
• Experience with the prototyping and pre-production phases of game development
• Experience writing Maya and Photoshop scripts
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d554mz-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.