Riot Software Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work on multiple broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work with both our technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Riot Global Operations Solutions team, (RGO: Solutions) your role will be a Solutions Architect - a brand-new function within Riot Games. As a Solution Architect on the newly forming Solutions Architecture Team within the RGO product, you will help game teams and partners on-board to Riot's core set of products and services. The ability to deal with customers and ambiguity will come in handy as you help teams navigate the vast array of offerings and tradeoffs that our centralized products offer. This role will report directly to the Engineering Manager for the RGO:Solutions team.
• Be a trusted advisor for our game teams by being responsible for guidance and implementation of RGO services and products for game teams.
• Have a holistic understanding of the RGO stack on both product and technical levels
• Assist game teams with integrations to the RGO stack
• Identify gaps in RGO offerings and help come up with plans on how to meet our customer's needs in the short, medium and long term.
• Understand and express technical and product direction for the RGO stack
• Translate product requirements into technical solutions by proposing architectures and designs.
• Identify and in some cases implement opportunities for improvement based on experience with customer integrations/implementations
• Share lessons learned back to RGO and other customers. We want each game launch to be better than the last one.
• Partner with product and development managers on setting realistic requirements and milestones
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
• Expertise in one of C, C#, C++, Java, Go or a similar language.
• Experience working directly with customers and developing customer-centric solutions as primary product offerings.
• Experience with a microservices based architecture, API/SDK architecture and development, and highly available distributed systems at scale
• Experience with Unity and/or Unreal
• Experience with Python or Go
• Experience with Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory
• Experience with Perforce, Git
• Familiar with AWS, Terraform
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!))
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1156e-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.