Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Reliability Engineering team, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles, California. You'll engineer solutions to achieve a high global quality of service for League of Legends, while improving the developer experience around operations and shipping new features. We'll need your experience with platforms and microservices to build reliable systems that are easy to understand and operate. You'll be working together with other backend service teams and have opportunities to influence the LoL-wide technical decisions.
• Write high-quality code that follows Riot and industry best practices
• Participate in the team's on-call rotation
• Develop and adopt tools that allow League of Legends to operate easily at scale
• Build and operate scalable microservices that require performance and reliability
• Pair with other software engineers
• Participate in interviewing, and help with mentoring and career development of more
• 5+ years of deep hands-on programming experiences in one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, Go, Python, and C#
• Experience operating & maintaining live web services including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
• Experience mentoring more junior engineers and coaching less experienced developers from other disciplines
• Experience developing fault-tolerant, distributed systems from the ground up, including gathering requirements, designing scalable, production-ready architecture, breaking down the project into smaller work items, and leading the development across multiple contributors
• Experience defining software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
• Experience collaborating within a cross-functional team and closely-related teams to complete feature work
• Experience with cloud-based services like AWS, Azure, or other proprietary variants
• Experience developing and operating global large-scale services
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkxj1-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.