Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with both new and current technologies, creating solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Software Engineer II in the Player Platform: Social Infrastructure team, you'll work on an excellent team building and supporting a portfolio game teams use to help players connect and share their experiences with friends. Your expertise building large-scale distributed systems for millions of players will partner with your desire to bring value to and delight our players. Social Infrastructure's globally scaled and deployed services power essential features used by players to get into games, receive notifications and communicate through text and voice chat. Some of the technologies you'll work with are: Erlang, OTP Patterns, Linux, MySQL, Java and Go. You'll report to the Engineering Manager, Social Infrastructure.
• Architect, Design, Develop and support Erlang based distributed services used by millions of players
• Support other Riot teams (our customers) integrating with Social Infrastructure's services
• Deliver high quality software by writing unit, functional and integration tests
• Actively mentor more junior engineers in hard and soft skills through active coaching, code reviews, pair programming and knowledge sharing
• Work with other senior members of the team on setting technical standards and keeping up with industry best practices and participate in our team's on-call rotation
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience working on and supporting live services
• Experience with developing, deploying and operating Erlang OTP services or 2+ years experience with another functional programming language (Eg: Elixir, LFE, Haskell, Scala, OCaml, or Lisp) in a production capacity
• Experience architecting, designing writing and supporting scalable distributed services
• Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
• Familiarity with ''Infrastructure as Code'' and tooling like Terraform and Ansible
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88ek9-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.