Software Engineer, League Of Legends: Gameplay Sr
Los Angeles, CA
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position! As a Software Engineer on the Live Operations team, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager and you'll be part of a technical team behind growing Riot's live operations. Availability, automation and reliability will be your watchwords. You'll work with Live Operations and the Network Operations Center to help build operational tools to avoid most incidents that occur on live automatically.
• Create and operate tools and services that help achieve operational excellence
• Communicate at a technical level with other development teams to help improve their services
• Partner with product owners to create the best possible experience for feature teams by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations
• Mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and pair programming
• Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational evaluation
• Identify and propose fixes for systemic issues
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of team's work system
• Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing platforms
• 6+ years of experience building, deploying and operating features end-to-end within an existing large system
• Experience driving software engineering best practices within the team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, build processes, and testing
• Characterize and identify system problems both within operations as well as our tooling and services
• Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
• Comfortable using whichever language/framework is necessary for the job
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with ReactJS, Python and Java
• Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.