As a Senior Software Engineer on the League of Legends SRE team, you will work with a multidisciplinary leadership team to modernize our technical operations and lay the foundation for a sustainable future on League of Legends. Your team's responsibilities include reducing the cost of new development, reducing the cost of existing operations, migrating ownership to central tech teams, and setting the vision for how we build services on League of Legends.
You will report to the team's Engineering Manager in our office in Los Angeles.
• Lead technical designs and implementation of features
• Build tooling and automation to reduce the cost of game operations and system maintenance
• Build or refactor services in Java
• Mentor other engineers
• Work with the team to improve process and how we work
• 5+ years as a software engineer building and operating software at scale
• Experience building backend services with databases
• Proficiency in a C-family language (e.g. C++, Java, NodeJS)
• Familiarity with cloud-based containerized environments
• Strong skills in monitoring, alerting, debugging, and scaling
• Experience with Java services
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g40xzv-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.