Software Engineer, League Of Legends: Gameplay Sr
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Services) - League of Legends, Competitive
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Competitive team, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will own and develop core backend services that provide an engaging Ranked experience for League of Legends. You will use your skills with distributed systems and microservices to build and simplify highly concurrent and reliable systems. You will have an eye towards maintaining and improving operational excellence, and cutting down tech debt efficiently.
• Develop new services, manage existing services, and author software design documents
• Participate in the team's on-call rotation
• Drive improvements in the team's monitoring and alerting capabilities
• Be a mentor and career guide to junior engineers, and participate in hiring and interviewing processes
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of deep programming experience in any of: Java, C, C++, C#
• Experience operating & maintaining live services including handling emergent issues and on-call troubleshooting
• Experience working closely with Product Owners / Development Managers to effectively prioritize work
• Experience developing fault tolerant, distributed systems including analysis, design and work breakdown, and leading the development across multiple contributors
• Experience developing and operating large scale global services
• Experience working with game development
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.