Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Senior Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will help Riot continue to build and deliver our exciting entry into the FPS genre. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build gameplay systems and features. You will also work with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to our Engineering Manager.
• Design, develop and implement intricate gameplay systems and features
• Create and/or contribute to best practices, development process and coding standards
• Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
• Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
• Mentor and coach junior members to build talent over the long term
• Manage strong relationships between disciplines
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
• 2+ years of experience in development of large systems design and core areas of gameplay development such as AI, combat, physics, levels, inventory, etc.
• 2+ years of C++ experience
• Excellent debugging skills
• Unreal game engine experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8x8b-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.