Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer II, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies
of gameplay technology to inject life into Riot's exciting new games. You will work in a small team alongside a product lead and designers to answer fundamental product questions to build experiences that will fulfill our players' impossible dreams. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project
• Design and implement robust, scalable, and performant solutions in close collaboration with other disciplines
• Implement prototypes to find answers to product questions
• Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
• Follow and contribute to the technical direction and standards for the team
• Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
• 4+ years of gameplay development experience
• BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
• Experience using game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
• Experience developing and shipping games
• Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
• Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with combat and animation systems
• Experience with general gameplay systems.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2np45-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.