Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Player Platform Commerce initiative in Dublin, you'll write the code that powers commercial products and services deployed across the globe. You'll work across multiple technologies and problem domains, architecting and building high traffic, high availability solutions, and integrating with Riot's existing platforms and APIs. You'll report into a Software Engineering Manager on the team.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Commerce, you could:
• Design and deliver services that enable third parties like Twitch to integrate with Riot's fulfillment systems and reward players with in-game content and access to new games
• Develop services to support web-based purchasing experiences for our players and partners
• Develop fault tolerant and highly available systems using distributed and event-based architectures
• Improve automation in our deployment processes and enhance maintenance and orchestration of our cloud infrastructure
• Work with our partners and other tech leads to prioritize building the right thing for our players
Over time, you'll create and develop documentation for ongoing support, as well as participate in an on-call rotation to support high availability for our products.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in professional software development
• Experience writing, tuning, and debugging systems written in Java or Kotlin
• Experience with RESTful services and distributed systems
• Familiarity with cloud infrastructure providers like AWS or GCP
• Familiarity with CI/CD and automated deployments
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience with microservices and containerization technologies such as Docker
• Experience with distributed event streaming platforms like Kafka
• Familiarity with reliability engineering practices and ''Infrastructure as Code''
• Experience with databases such as MySQL and Redis
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't meet every one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0eo4e-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.