Senior Software Engineer - Anti-Cheat (Windows Client)
Riot Anti-Cheat Engineers are versatile and passionate about their craft. We understand the player impact of cheating in games and are focused on setting the highest bar for the integrity of multiplayer games. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and bring security to all of Riot's games; each with its own security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to promote the best player experience by protecting the legitimacy of their favorite games.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Anti-Cheat's PC client, you will work with both game teams and anti-cheat experts to develop the next generation of defense for Riot's competitive titles. Taking a hands-on approach to countering cheats iteratively by applying your expertise with low-level systems to deter or detect cheaters at scale. Keeping one step ahead of emergent techniques while focusing on upholding the best player experience. You will report to the Security Engineering Manager for Anti-Cheat within InfoSec.
• Develop software solutions to detect and prevent cheating on PC clients
• Partner with game teams across genres to understand their specific security needs and help shape the security landscape
• Promote secure coding standards and design that reduce vectors for cheating
• Keep up-to-date with the state of cheats and cheating techniques across titles
• Help identify and determine the impact that cheating has on gaming
• Minimum 4+ years of experience developing software professionally
• Experience building software using C/C++
• Well-versed in the Windows native API
• Technical understanding of Windows processes and memory
• Experience with development tools (Visual Studio, Git, WinDbg)
• Experience reading/writing low-level assembly (x64/x86)
• Familiar with cheat development and process instrumentation techniques
• Well versed in obfuscation techniques for runtime data
• Experience with the Windows Kernel and driver development
• Comfortable reverse engineering applications statically/dynamically
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g43nq1-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.