As a Sr. QA Manager, you will own the QA process for game software teams, including people, process, and support for ongoing game development. Additionally, you will partner with teams to arrive at better, more-efficient solutions to everyday problems and streamline delivery; you will support the QA discipline leadership and help inform the long-term vision of Riot Games quality assurance. You will work with your reports to aid them in effectively managing partner testing teams and build strong relationships with those teams on features that need additional support. Lastly, you will mentor and coach your reports in the QA discipline on their craft and personal relationships, guiding them to become leaders in their space.
As a Sr. QA Manager on the Wild Rift team, you will report to the QA Director. You will guide test strategy across multiple teams and products, helping determine the best way to test based on individual team needs, including staffing and risk analysis. You will find ways to deploy QA best practices in our collaborations with external teams and developers. You will partner with leadership from all disciplines to build quality into our products from the earliest phases of the project through their release.
• Manage humans, ensuring they are working well with partners, are driving change, and are working on personal development
• Create collaboration systems that function across multiple organizations and promote test execution that ensures positive, forward progress
• Support the team in their commitment to representing the player's concerns at the initiative level, setting clear quality expectations
• Hire and staff quality professionals onsite (Rioters) and remote (partners)
• Help identify and assess identified product risks with product leadership to ensure mitigation steps are taken to provide a high-quality product delivery
• Create mature product development processes for a multi-platform product, with a particular focus on applying your console experience to aiding our upcoming product launch
• Experience shipping 2+ console titles
• People-management; 5+ years experience with both performance management and staffing
• 5+ years QA experience with Bachelor's or better
• Experience working on multi-platform products
• Broad Quality Management experience: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
• Proficient in Test Strategy, Planning, and Design
• Experience with Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
• Availability to travel overseas up to 3 times per year once travel restrictions are lifted
• Experience working on mobile applications
• Fluent in Mandarin
• Licenses/certifications: ISTQB Foundation Level
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzne5q-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.