As a Senior Network Engineer within the IT Discipline, you will mentor and provide technical leadership to Associate level network engineers. You take advantage of automation tooling and processes in order to monitor network health, respond to events and eliminate the burden of repetitive tasks. A Network Engineer provides the highest level of operational support, triage, break/fix, and incident resolution - including response to critical issues, dedicatedly notifying customers of network issues and assessing and communicating business impact. At times as a Network Engineer, you will be tapped to be a resource to deliver critical projects. Finally, you will maintain Riot's network infrastructure by providing both remote and onsite support through a 24 / 7 on-call rotation to ensure high levels of network uptime.
• Analyzing, designing, configuring, and maintaining network infrastructure and application components
• Evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training to ensure Riot's network performance remains at a high quality
• Provide recommendations/solutions as appropriate towards the positive evolution of Riot's networking infrastructure
• Respond to emergent events and final point of arbitration for problem resolution
• Be a resource on delivery critical projects
• Be an excellent partner and partner with 3rd party vendors for technical/strategic solutions
• Contribute to internal company Request for Comments (RFCs), including creation of new RFCs
• Utilize the development of automation tools and processes to monitor the health of the network, respond to events, and remove the burden of repetitive tasks
• Mentor other tech specialists on the team and across Riot
• Participate in On-Call rotation
• Solid understanding of routing that includes a high level experience with hands on configuration and troubleshooting of related protocols. (e.g. IP, BGP, OSPF)
• Solid understanding of switching that includes a high level experience with hands on configuration and troubleshooting of related protocols. (e.g. LACP, MLAG, Ethernet, STP, EVPN/VXLAN)
• Network security (e.g. Firewalls, load balancer, traffic visibility, AAA)
• Remote access VPN technologies
• Network utilities (e.g. ICMP, Syslog, Traceoptions, Netflow, SNMP, Wireshark, etc)
• Wireless management, deployment, and protocols
• Experience with cloud networking, AWS preferred
• Working knowledge of Palo Alto, Aruba, Juniper and Arista technologies
• Working knowledge of remote VPN products, Pulse Connect Secure and Palo Alto Global Protect.
• Experience with LibreNMS, New Relic, and Prometheus
• Scripting languages such as Python
• Automation frameworks such as Ansible
• Experience working with DevOps and Agile/Scrum teams
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent degree plus experience.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reqj67-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.