As Narrative Writers at Riot, we work in an interdisciplinary environment with designers, artists, and engineers to bring our ideas to life. We use our creative skills to collaboratively build new environments and characters that resonate with players and make their gameplay experience memorable.
As a Senior Narrative Writer on League of Legends: Wild Rift, you will report into League of Legends' Narrative Editorial Lead. Projects include Narrative development, Skins, and seasonal updates and events. You will work closely with the Narrative Leads, Product Leads, Art, Design, Audio, and Localization to create globally-appealing, vivid characters and content that inspires your team and delights players. You will collaborate with teams across Riot to uphold the standard of narrative excellence, promote strong comprehension of product goals, and advocate for a player experience of the highest quality.
• Partner with artists and designers to develop iconic stories and unique narrative moments that enrich the League of Legends IP
• Write for League of Legends products in collaboration with Product Owners and Narrative Leads, including character theming, backstories, and in-game VO
• Expand and strengthen the League of Legends IP through fresh and thoughtful creative expression
• Engage thoughtfully with designers and engineers on issues surrounding implementation and in-game experience
• Seek and implement feedback from playtests, partners, and stakeholders to continuously improve content
• Mentor other writers as a community expert, by sharing best practices that elevate Narrative quality across League
• Problem solve autonomously, taking a self-directed approach to advocating for both product and story
• 7+ years of creative industry experience
• Experience delivering quality fiction writing for games or other interactive media
• Experience writing and developing narrative for mobile games
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience writing for an established brand or IP
• Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and Skins universes
• Experience working with external partners and exchanging feedback
• Experience developing characters and narratives for games, especially backstories and VO
• Experience mentoring others
• BA in English, History, Narrative Design, or other narrative fields (or equivalent experience)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and prioritizing the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio or writing samples that showcase your best work. As a part of the application process, you may also be asked to complete a writing test.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmp4x-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.