Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. In 2015, Riot Games China was set up and dedicated to creating tailored experiences for local players. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve game experiences and beyond! We are looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. That's where you come in!
As a Senior Marketing Writer on the global Wild Rift publishing team, you will report to the Manager, Creative Direction. You express mastery over the written word in publishing campaigns that create memorable experiences for players. You are a creative strategist, a partner in ideation, and a player representative. You'll write for 360 campaigns, developing loglines, pillars, and creative platforms to inform the strategic vision of Wild Rift marketing content.
• Guide writing and/or creative ideation for social media-first executions
• Write and edit pristine marketing copy with calls to action and deep player resonance for a savvy audience of competitive gamers
• Develop the voice of Wild Rift for our players globally
• Produce compelling ad copy-taglines, CTAs, and scripts that prompt change in behavior
• Work closely with brand, community, and event teams to deliver publishing assets including articles, videos, VO, text graphics, and accompanying publishing copy (titles, descriptions, social copy)
• Manage and provide craft feedback on ad agencies' copywriting and narrative storytelling
• Help guide internal teams on Brand Management, Product Management, and Community in copywriting and narrative development
• 8+ years developing clear, precise copy for web, social, and other channels globally
• Experience in managing global agency and localization workstreams
• Experience self-editing and working in a collaborative writing process
• Experience in the video game industry, preferably on mobile games and global titles
• Fluent in Chinese and English, and can drive collaboration across language and culture
• 3+ years advertising agency or in-house copy experience in video games
• Experience translating creative briefs into creative copy that delivers on business goals
• Mobile game fluency or direct publishing experience
• Passion for MOBA games
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9j9zm-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.