As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will help lead the evolution of our data systems for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift! You will report to the Director of Engineering for Tech Foundations within League Studio, and will collaborate with League Studio and Central Tech engineering leadership. You will manage a combination of Management and Individual contributor direct reports. You'll run how Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers collaborate and deliver . You'll also serve as a mentor leading performance management and growth opportunities.
You will work as part of the League Data Central team, which is the hub for all Data Science and Data Engineering for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift. The team collaborates on projects that range from in-game features to content design to infrastructure. In a world of high-volume and complexity, you will develop products that bring personalized experiences to players,
our strategy, and refine in-game features.
• Your org will build products that advance League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift's goals
• Help set strategy and direction for your organization, initiate and debate strategic topics and opportunities from your team's work, and guide high-impact decisions
• You will enable Data developers to deliver maximum value through efficient data systems, well-managed tools, and data science model deployment collaboration
• You will develop relationships with engineering and product teams to understand their Data needs. You will advocate for Data projects to senior management, product leads, and engineers
• You will manage the team's engineering quality bar
• You will be accountable for engineering mentorship, coaching, and support. You will mentor IC engineers and engineering manager(s)
• Instill an inclusive team culture that is both passionate and collaborative
• You will hire high quality engineers and leaders; and continue to attract qualified candidates to Riot's League Data Central team
Role requirements :
• Experience directly leading an engineering team in the data space
• 6+ years professional experience as an engineer, with programming experience in Java. Solid foundations in Software Engineering technical best practices
• 3+ years of management experience
• Strong partner management skills
• Knowledge of cloud data architecture across Amazon Web Services (preferred) or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience with Spark, big data tech (e.g., Hadoop), SQL, Python.
• Familiarity with data science use cases (e.g., machine learning, AI) and data engineering concepts (e.g., modeling, pipelines, and distributed processing)
• Experience working in an Agile environment. Experienced project management skills
• Experience presenting information across a wide array of technical expertise and seniorities
Desired Qualifications :
• Experience as part of a game development team
• Experience leading an engineering team operating a high-traffic game or similar consumer product
• Familiarity with working with central technology teams, defining technology roadmaps, and contributing tech to partner teams
• Knowledge of data governance best practices
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9w0z-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.