Riot Games is seeking a Senior Manager, Software Engineering & Enterprise IT Applications to lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams to create and deliver products and solve challenging technical problems. The role will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of business technology solutions to support businesses processes across the enterprise.
You will guide the Enterprise IT Software Engineering & Applications teams to manage project goals, contribute Riot IT product strategy, lead software architecture design, and help develop and grow the teams. You will keep the Riot team's experience in mind as you lead software architecture, solutions, and implementation details, As a member of the IT leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of enterprise-wide IT strategy and ensures its alignment with the enterprise's business strategy and the delivery of capabilities require to achieve business success. The Senior Manager will provide strong collaborative leadership and technical expertise and come in as both a business leader and a technologist with a vision for how IT can enable productivity and efficiency for the enterprise.
• Provide technology vision and leadership to achieve key business objectives
• Evaluate & plan strategic technology roadmap as it relates to applications and cloud-based systems by prioritizing technology initiatives.
• Manage teams of software engineers ranging from associate-level to staff-level.
• Manage existing Application programs, products, and services for the enterprise including custom developed software, application integrations, enterprise architecture, and third-party software-as-a service (SaaS) management
• Lead day-to-day management of the enterprise application organization (including staffing and budgeting.
• Manage relationship with major vendors and service providers to ensure they meet the needs of Riot Games
• Lead day-to-day management of the enterprise architecture to provide end-to-end architecture oversight, new technology evaluations, and Cloud solutions governance
• Drive the creation of new standards and best practices as technology evolves; communicates and drives adoption across the enterprise.
• Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, and technical,
• Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
• Design the team makeup so that it has the skills needed for our goals.
• Ensure what we are building is serving our customers long-term goals.
• 7+ years as a Senior Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering working on teams that supports Enterprise IT Applications and software developers
• 7+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
• Management experience leading a team responsible for enterprise application services including Jira & Confluence, Slack, Google Workspaces, ServiceNow, API gateways & integrations, and enterprise architecture
• Prior experience leading and designing modern technology capabilities - Cloud, CI/CD, agile methodologies, analytics, and RPA/automation.
• Experience with Onshore-Offshore delivery models
• Experience with Agile and LEAN in an Information Technology environment is desirable.
• Expertise with continuous development and deployments of large-scale systems.
• Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).