Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
• Manage a group of over 15 software engineers ranging from associate to people managers
• Partner with your Tech Leads to provide technical direction to esports engineering teams
• Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
• Be a supportive career coach for the engineers on your team
• You will help identify, negotiate, and integrate vendor product and technology solutions that allow the initiative to execute quickly and efficiently
• Partner with recruiting in hiring outstanding engineers
• Partner with product and delivery leads to help set initiative-wide priorities and product direction
• Represent your team's point of view and priorities to other teams and products
• Hold your team accountable to Riot's engineering and performance standards and Riot Values
• Partner with your team to meet operational excellence goals
• 10+ years of software industry experience
• 4+ years of people management experience
• Previous deep hands-on programming experiences in Java or Go
• Working and present knowledge and experience in distributed systems at scale, reaching millions of users
• Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
• 3+ years hands on experience with frontend technologies (React, TypeScript)
• Experience leading remote teams
• Experience working on Streaming and Video Services
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r796mp-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.